Oceans is a mentorship engine powered by an impassioned team of experienced, hands-on builders serving as a founder’s most trusted partner and an investor’s best insurance policy.
By providing expertise, honest insights and access to a world-class network, Oceans ensures early-stage companies shorten their time to scale and investors put their smart money to work.
Oceans works closely with founders and executive teams to actively solve problems that early-stage companies encounter across all aspects of their business in order to successfully achieve key growth milestones.
Oceans was founded in NYC by Steven Rosenblatt, Joshua Rahn and Glenn Handler, builders of successful early-stage startups and veterans of Apple, Facebook, Google and Foursquare. We know that when you combine the right opportunities, partners and capital, you create the best outcomes.
Founder's Most Trusted Partner
Founders need help establishing leadership teams and organizations that form the basis for successful companies. They need straightforward advice to address real problems that don’t always get raised in the boardroom. We constantly hear that founders need:
- Mentorship: The ear and voice of confidence and expertise to facilitate learning how to tackle the toughest business challenges
- Growth Planning: A way to expand their business through proven approaches
- Capital Allocation: Strategies for deploying resources effectively
- Honest Feedback: Transparent dialogue around roadblocks preventing actual business building to get to real priorities
- A Network: Access to world-class builders
Investor's Best Insurance Policy
Investors don’t always have the time or resources to give ongoing thorough and tactful guidance to their portfolio companies at the ground level. Investors need, but don't always get:
- Trust: Confidence that founders have what they need to scale and solve problems as they arise
- Expertise: Deep knowledge and skills in the right places
- Transparency: An executive team that knows when to deliver the hard conversation or big ask
- Visibility: A clear view into the state of affairs and awareness of challenges